How To Treat Migraine?
Botulinum toxin is more commonly associated with the treatment of lines and wrinkles of the face. However advanced techniques can also be used to treat chronic migraine in adults.
Botulinum toxin gets into the small nerves that carry pain from the head to the brain, known as C-fibres. This reduces the amount of chemicals released from the nerve endings, interrupting the feedback pathway that perpetuates migraine and headache.
Book Your Consultation
When can I expect to see results?
The biological effect of botulinum toxin on nerves takes several days or a few weeks to work. Patients should not expect chronic migraine to improve properly in less than 4 weeks. Some patients do not start to improve until after their second set of injections, which typically is given approx. 12 weeks after the first set of injections.
Botulinum toxin will not completely free a patient of headache or migraine; but rather to improve quality of life, and to convert the migraine from chronic to episodic.
Please note we cannot treat pregnant or breastfeeding patients with botulinum toxin.
Is it painful?
The treatment involves a small number of carefully placed injections. The feeling is not painful, however some patients do feel ‘mild discomfort’ as the needle works it’s way through the skin.
We use very fine needles; most people tolerate the treatment well and do not require any topical anesthetic (numbing cream).
Why choose Medikas?
- Our professional team work closely together to ensure our customers receive the highest quality care and customer service
- We provide a comprehensive range of services and solutions to promote good skin health and treat the signs of ageing
- We believe that through natural enhancement we can make our customers look and feel their best
- We treat our customers with respect and discretion so that they feel safe in our care
- We are highly trained experts and innovators within the aesthetic field dedicated to the safety and care of our patients
- We believe in a duty of care to ensure our patients make informed choices via our trusted advice
Hi Beatriz I just wanted to say again, thank you so much for my lip enhancement. It’s took me years to finally decide to have them done and I’m so thrilled with them! I feel like just having a little bit has already taken years off me, I’ve done nothing but smile since yesterday. I’ve recommended you to a friend. I’m always recommending you to people as your work is amazing!*
*Disclaimer: Results and patient experience may vary. These are dependent on a number of factors such as age, medical history and lifestyle.