What Is Thread Lifting – Silhouette Soft®?
A thread facelift is a safe, convenient alternative to traditional facelift surgery. Designed to be less invasive, it can reduce sagging around the cheeks, jawline, and neck more quickly and with less risk than the conventional approach. Special threads are used during this facelift to discreetly hold repositioned skin and facial tissue in place. The results are excellent giving you a natural lift and stimulating new collagen for a long lasting result.
Silhouette Soft® are made of a Poly L-Lactic Acid monofilament with molded cones made of Lactide/ Glycolide. It was developed by scientists in the USA using reconstructive and aesthetic surgical expertise. The suture acts as scaffolding under the surface of the skin to lift sagging soft tissues. The cones both hold the threads in place, and in time stimulates the body’s production of collagen to replace depleted facial volume which diminishes with age.
See great results
Arrange to speak to one of our experts
How does it work?
The threads are introduced into the skin via needles which are then positioned and pulled through into place.
Is the Treatment Painful?
Very little discomfort to the patient as a local anaesthetic is injected on points of the face, the injection itself can sting but is tolerable and only for a moment.
What Areas Can Be Treated?
Silhouette Soft® can be used to treat different parts of the face:
• Contours of the face
• Jaw line
• Cheeks and mid-face areas
Is The Treatment For Me?
The best candidates for a thread facelift are in their 30s to 60s and have relatively good skin tone. Most are beginning to experience sagging in their face or neck but do not have excessively loose skin or drooping facial areas.
If you can lift your skin upwards by one centimetre with your fingers you may be suitable for Silhouette Soft treatment.
Our specially trained doctor will be able to tell you in a consultation if you are suitable for treatment.
What is The Downtime?
Very little, you can be back to normal duties after 1 day with some makeup to cover any bruising.
Why choose Medikas?
- Our professional team work closely together to ensure our customers receive the highest quality care and customer service
- We provide a comprehensive range of services and solutions to promote good skin health and treat the signs of ageing
- We believe that through natural enhancement we can make our customers look and feel their best
- We treat our customers with respect and discretion so that they feel safe in our care
- We are highly trained experts and innovators within the aesthetic field dedicated to the safety and care of our patients
- We believe in a duty of care to ensure our patients make informed choices via our trusted advice
Hi Beatriz I just wanted to say again, thank you so much for my lip enhancement. It’s took me years to finally decide to have them done and I’m so thrilled with them! I feel like just having a little bit has already taken years off me, I’ve done nothing but smile since yesterday. I’ve recommended you to a friend. I’m always recommending you to people as your work is amazing!*
*Disclaimer: Results and patient experience may vary. These are dependent on a number of factors such as age, medical history and lifestyle.