IPL for Acne
What is IPL for Acne?
Acne is one of the most common socially frustrating conditions, it is believed that 10% percent of the population is affected by acne. Although it’s not life threatening, acne is known to cause long term emotional and physical scarring.
Physicians have found that IPL pulsed light yields impressive results without any pain, side effects or down time.
See great results
Arrange to speak to one of our experts
How does IPL for Acne work?
A high intensity IPL pulsed light penetrates the tissue, reaching and accurately targeting the bacteria which causes acne in the skin. Whilst the intense light penetrates it way into the tissue, a chemical reaction is released in which endogenic porphyrins, attacks the acne destroying any bacteria stopping acne at its source.
When can I expect to see results?
We recommend a course of several sessions. Clear Moderate inflammatory acne has been known to clear within one month. However it is dependent on the patients skin and how aggressive the acne is to how long it will take.
Does it hurt?
Depending on the patients thresh hold, most people can tolerate IPL Pulsed light treatment fairly well. A few people have described it as a rubber band snapping onto the skin. Topical anesthetic can be an option, if too painful in sensitive areas although the majority of patients require no anesthesia.
Why choose Medikas?
- Our professional team work closely together to ensure our customers receive the highest quality care and customer service
- We provide a comprehensive range of services and solutions to promote good skin health and treat the signs of ageing
- We believe that through natural enhancement we can make our customers look and feel their best
- We treat our customers with respect and discretion so that they feel safe in our care
- We are highly trained experts and innovators within the aesthetic field dedicated to the safety and care of our patients
- We believe in a duty of care to ensure our patients make informed choices via our trusted advice
Hi Beatriz I just wanted to say again, thank you so much for my lip enhancement. It’s took me years to finally decide to have them done and I’m so thrilled with them! I feel like just having a little bit has already taken years off me, I’ve done nothing but smile since yesterday. I’ve recommended you to a friend. I’m always recommending you to people as your work is amazing!*
*Disclaimer: Results and patient experience may vary. These are dependent on a number of factors such as age, medical history and lifestyle.