Excessive Face and Neck sweating
What Is Excessive Face and Neck Sweating?
Excessive face and neck sweating (also referred to as hyperhidrosis), can be an embarrassing and uncomfortable problem.
The condition can last a lifetime if left untreated and can often affect our lifestyle choices – for example, preventing a sufferer from participating in activities that might exacerbate sweating.
Botulinum toxin is more commonly associated with the treatment of lines and wrinkles of the face. However advanced techniques can also be used to treat hyperhidrosis.
See great results
Arrange to speak to one of our experts
How Does It Work?
To treat excessive face and neck sweating, botulinum toxin works by blocking the secretion of the chemical that activates sweat glands. The treatment is not a cure for hyperhidrosis – it only provides temporary relief and needs to be repeated every three to six months for maximum effect. The protein injected into the skin blocks the nerves that supply the eccrine glands; thus preventing the glands from producing sweat.
Overall the procedure is relatively quick and painless.
Please note we cannot treat pregnant or breastfeeding patients with botulinum toxin.
When Can I Expect To See Results?
Patients will start seeing and feeling the results at 1-2 weeks after having the treatment.
Patients are recommended to have the treatment every 6 months to receive the best possible results. A plan for regular follow-up treatments to maintain the initial result can be created bespoke for you by our team of experts.
Does It Hurt?
The treatment involves a small number of carefully placed injections. The feeling is not painful, however some patients do feel ‘mild discomfort’ as the needle works it’s way through the skin.
We use very fine needles; most people tolerate the treatment well and do not require any topical anesthetic (numbing cream).
Why choose Medikas?
- Our professional team work closely together to ensure our customers receive the highest quality care and customer service
- We provide a comprehensive range of services and solutions to promote good skin health and treat the signs of ageing
- We believe that through natural enhancement we can make our customers look and feel their best
- We treat our customers with respect and discretion so that they feel safe in our care
- We are highly trained experts and innovators within the aesthetic field dedicated to the safety and care of our patients
- We believe in a duty of care to ensure our patients make informed choices via our trusted advice
Hi Beatriz I just wanted to say again, thank you so much for my lip enhancement. It’s took me years to finally decide to have them done and I’m so thrilled with them! I feel like just having a little bit has already taken years off me, I’ve done nothing but smile since yesterday. I’ve recommended you to a friend. I’m always recommending you to people as your work is amazing!*
*Disclaimer: Results and patient experience may vary. These are dependent on a number of factors such as age, medical history and lifestyle.